- face card
- nounone of the twelve cards in a deck bearing a picture of a face• Syn: ↑picture card, ↑court card• Hypernyms: ↑playing card
* * *noun: a playing card bearing a stylized picture of a king, queen, or knave
* * *the king, queen, or jack of playing cards.[1665-75]
* * *face card nounA playing-card bearing a face (king, queen or jack)• • •Main Entry: ↑face
* * *a picture cardThesaurus: cards in a set of cardshyponym
* * *face card,a king, queen, or jack of playing cards.
* * *n. a playing card that is a king, queen, or jack of a suit
* * *noun, pl ⋯ cards [count]: a king, queen, or jack in a deck of cards — called also (chiefly Brit) court card (Brit) picture card
* * *ˈface card [face card face cards] (especially NAmE) (BrE also ˈcourt card) nouna ↑playing card with a picture of a king, queen or ↑jack on itSee also: ↑court card
Useful english dictionary. 2012.